Goal of Accessibility for All Customers
At Peach State Federal Credit Union, we strive to promote accessibility, diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to permit our customers to successfully gather information and conduct business through our website and other technology platforms. Whether you are using assistive technologies like a screen reader, a magnifier, voice recognition software, or switch technology, our goal is to make your use of Peach State’s technology a successful and enjoyable experience.
Peach State is actively taking steps and devoting resources to promote compliance with all applicable laws and guidelines. We have specific employees whose job duties explicitly include promotion of accessibility, and we have engaged outside vendors and consultants to improve the quality and accessibility of our user experience for everyone. We continue to look for ways to improve the customer experience. Specific activities of Peach State include:
- The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA are considered the standard for website accessibility. We test our website and make improvements as measured against the WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards. We test with Live-User Audits, as this is the only true test of digital accessibility.
- Some specific actions we have taken, and continue to take and deploy, include:
- Text Equivalents / Alt Text. Use of alternative text (alt text) and captions in relation to images, videos and multi-media content.
- Site Structure. Use of headings, lists, paragraphs and other formatting features on www.peachstatefcu.org so that guests can more easily use the site with assistive technology.
Keyboard Only Navigation. Use functionality that operates through a keyboard interface, without requiring specific timings for individual keystrokes.
- Consistent Structure. We aim to create pages, sites and apps with a consistent structure, to ease navigation.
- Contrast. When choosing colors and site design, we consider the issue of contrast, to promote the accessibility of images and text.